10th Chinmaya Dharma Sevak Course
(A Six Week Residential Course)
We invite you to join
The 10th Six-Week Residential Chinmaya Dharma Sevak Course (In English)
at Chinmaya Gardens, Coimbatore
Dashamo'ham (I'm the tenth)
It is a short-term Vedanta Course aimed at giving knowledge and training to sincere seekrs and devotees with the essence of Vedanta and set them firmly on the spiritual path. The student of the course will live the life of a sadhaka in Gurukula, under the guidance of the Ahcarya. The course is designed to help bring out an inner transformation.
Highlight of the Course
Divine Days in the presence of Pujya Swami Tejomayananda, Global Head, Chinmaya Mission. He is a teacher par excellence. He is a beautiful confluence of Karma (Action), Bhakti (Devotion) and Jnaana (Knowledge). He teaches as much from his presence as by his style of speaking. Travelling all over the world spreading the teaching of Vedanta he has authored many original works, initiated many projecgs and started many new centres to further the vision of Pujya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda.
Swamini Vimalananda is the Acharya-in-Charge of Chinmaya Mission, Coimbatore, the Director of the Chinmaya Vision Programme and a Director of the Chinmaya International Residential School. She has travelled widely and has conducted many Discourses, Seminars and public talks in English, Hindi, and Gujarati and camps for children, youth and elders. Her simple style of talking has captivated the intellectual and faithful alike. She has been the Acharya of the previous nine successfully-conducted Chinmaya Dharma Sevak Courses
Br. Shaunak Chaitanya, is the assisting acharya. He completed the Vedanta course in Sandeepany Sadhanalaya Mumbai under Swami Tejomayananda and is presently posted at Chinmayaranyam, Andhra Pradesh.
Candidates must be below 65 years and of sound health. They must have a strong desire to study the scriptures and live a spiritual life and have a sufficient grasp of English. Knowledge of Sanskrit is not a must.
The Salient features
- Experience the joy of Gurukula living
- Learn the fundamentals of Vedanta/ Jnana Yoga (Prakarana granthas, Upanishads, Geeta), Bhakti Yoga (Portions of Ramayana and Bhagvatam) and Karma yoga.
- Learn the basic and advance of Sanskrit followed by a Spoken Sanskrit Course.
- Learn how to conduct and be firmly grounded in spiritual practices (sadhanas) like Meditation, Japa, Puja, Homa .
- Celebrate auspicious occasions like Ganesh Chaturthi, Janmashtami,
- Bond with the Global Chinmaya Mission through the various activities and learn how to be a sevak/sevika of grass root activities like Bala Vihar and Study Classes.
Comfortable twin sharing rooms with attached bathrooms.
Sattvik Vegetarian food will be served.
(Includes boarding and lodging. Does not include course material)
• Rs 8000/- per person
• Rs 6000/- per person (below 40 years)
• Rs 3000/- per person (below 25 years)
• Rs 14,000/- per person for air-conditioned accommodation
A Certificate will be awarded at the end of the Course.