A National Book fair organised by Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation took place from 1st to 7th May 2012. It a wonderful chance to reach out to a large number of persons in Ahmedabad and nearby towns.
With the help of Br. Atharvana Chaitanya and Shri Patnaik who heads Publications, the books were organized at a very short notice. Smt. Subhasree Raghav from Chinmaya Publications visited Ahmedabad from the 29th April to the 2nd of May to guide the local team.
The highlights of the fair are as follows:
1) The stall was inaugurated by Swamini Pramitananda by lighting the lamp
2) Shri Narendra Modi – Chief Minister of Gujarat also visited the stall on the day of inauguration. He spent a good 6 to 8 minutes at the stall. He also picked up the Ever Green Messages book which was displayed on the front table and read a few pages. He picked up Guruji’s Swar-Anjaneya cd too. A bag of books was gifted to him. Subhasree briefed him about Upanishad Ganga. Divya Bhaskar, a local Gujarati daily covered the visit to our stall.
3) Swami Deveshananda specially came from Vadodara to visit the stall and was very happy with the display, decoration and the overall management.
4) Visitors were very appreciative of the way in which the volunteers took interest in promoting the publications which was evident from the comments the visitors’ book.
5) A number of publishers, schools and book stores showed interest in carrying our books.
6) The fair had a daily footfall of around twenty thousand and we clocked sales in excess of Rs 2 lakh.
7) Participating in this Fair was a great learning experience. This fair is likely to become an annual affair in Ahmedabad, and we are likely to participate every year maybe even with a bigger presence.
8) Junior CHYKs interacted with visiting children and were able to attract many subscriptions to Balvihar magazine.
9) Multimedia options like LCD TV were used to promote the videos and various activities of the mission.
10) My Prayers Bookmarks to be printed and distributed free to all visitors